Interesting facts about Byron:
- Born and raised in South African and moved to Australia (Adelaide) at the age of 21.
- He was hit with a little bad luck at age of 28 and was unemployed for 6 months and living with his parents with zero Digital Marketing experience before landing his first Digital Marketing job in Melbourne.
- After 5 years of knuckling down, honing his Digital Marketing knowledge and producing consistent results, he was offered the opportunity to move to Hong Kong and run the First Page office. He helped grow the agency from 17 staff to 55 staff within a 2 year period, despite numerous setbacks caused by political instability that resulted in relentless protesting and an economy in recession.
- He’s passionate about conservation and is constantly keeping up to date with the anti-poaching efforts in Africa to help save the Rhino and Elephant
- He was aspiring to become a Game Ranger in the Kruger National Park as a child and actually went on bush school camps during school holidays to learn about fauna and flora, tracking and survival techniques
- Was a Boy Scout for 5 years
- Played A-grade cricket (one level below professional) at the age 16. He got AB De Villiers and Jacques Rudolph out and faced Dayle Steyn in the same game. He played cricket for 28 years as a front line pace bowler
- Had tactical firearms training at the age of 16 by ex special forces (needed in South Africa)
- Was chased on foot on a dry riverbed and nearly trampled to death by and African bull elephant
- I’m actually naturally introverted but learnt how to become more introverted by imitating my extroverted friends
What the does to keep himself out of trouble:
- Moved back to Melbourne from Hong Kong to step up as a Director to start First Page Australia. It’s been 6 months (3 months of which have been in Lockdown) and we already have 29 staff.
- I’m responsible for driving the constant development and evolution of SENTR (our groups CRM) in conjunction with our talented R&D team.
- Nights out with my mates. I love a good party. I may be 37 but I still love to party
- Dating apps (I’m single)
- Long walks whilst listening to podcasts
- A good series on Netflix (Peaky Blinders, Squid Game, Dexter, Vikings, Game of Thrones, Queens Gambit…)
- Having breakfast at a café solo with a good book and tunes
- I love all of David Attenborough’s documentaries. I could watch nature documentaries for hours
- I love reading about History, Science Engineering, Geography, criminal psychology, military tech, and conservation
- Love autobiographies. I went through a Richard Branson obsession at one stage
What you can talk to him about:
- Digital Marketing, Leadership, Business, Nature, Conservation, Science, Geography, Biology, Military tech, History, Cricket, Theories, trying to solve the world’s problems, crazy nights out, travelling, personal development, criminal psychology
What he can’t help you with:
- Being in the same vicinity as a loud mouth breather for longer than 5 mins (especially in an elevator)
- Sitting next to a loud chewer in a restaurant
- Paying attention during a long PowerPoint presentation (especially if the person has a monotone voice)
- Waiting in line or being put on hold
- Going to bed before midnight
- Waking up at the crack of dawn
- Pop Culture
Byron in one word: